Friday, September 14, 2012

Mr & Mrs Pillow




I bought a 6$ pillow from walmart, self print iron on shirt decal paper in the office sections, and used some scrap fabric I had from another project. I printed out the picture of the bride and groom penguins as well as some pretty script Mr. & Mrs. on the iron on decal sheet.

I did attempt to iron the decal onto the pillow at first ignoring the instructions for the decals to iron on the fabric with a second piece of fabric under it. It resulted in the decal being melted into the pillow. So I tried again, this time following the instructions. Make a world of difference!! I used a little piece of batting behind the finished couple and stitched the fabric to the pillow.

My penguin loving husband was very happy to see the pillow I made, and sleeps with it every night. Looks like i'll be buying more 6$ walmart pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment