Friday, September 14, 2012

Candle Light Banister


In my parent's house has always been this really random brick wall. A while back mom got sick of it being red and painted it white. I saw an idea on a home makeover tv show about using candles and mirrors to help make a space brighter and larger. I measured the brick wall, went to Michael's and found these very inexpensive stick on mirrors with a beveled edge. Did some complicated math of dividing the length by the width of the mirrors to figure out how many I needed. I then went over to the candle section and picked up the same number of votive candles and jars as mirrors. My ocd made it so that I picked the candles not by their smell, but by what color matched the room. 

The trickiest thing about this project was aligning the mirrors to seem as if they were going in a straight line since I found out after getting home that the brick wall was slightly crooked. WARNING!!! The mirrors REALLY do stick! Once they went on there was no taking them down. (Sorry dad) Simply place one candle in front of each mirror and your done! 

During a hurricane we lost power. Those candles and mirrors made it seem as if we had lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment