Sunday, September 16, 2012

Baby Quilt


This was my first quilt EVER!!! And it was a lot easier than I thought it could be. 
(This quilt was made and I then I made the burp clothes to match the color scheme.)

I bought two charm packs, square quilt pieces, to create this quilt. My ocd made it harder for me to lay out the pieces and make it look random, my mom helped by completely screwing up what I did. I watched a tutorial on you tube to learn how to sew the quilt correctly and it worked! I bought a light weight batting because my nephew it was for is in Florida and it's never really that cold. I also bought a blue fabric for the back of the quilt and as a border. I made a 4" border for the quilt and the size was perfect for a child to grow into. 

The quilting pattern I did was very easy since it was my first time. I followed the seems of the squares and the border. It made a very simple checker design on the back to mimic the front. 

Part 1

Part 2


Part 3


Part 4


No comments:

Post a Comment