Sunday, September 16, 2012

Baby Burp Clothes


I personally think these are amazing for young moms. Who wants to have nasty looking burp clothes, a little style isn't a bad thing. I promise this is really easy, theres just small details to explain. =)

Get a pack of cloth diapers from walmart. They come in packs of 10. At ACMoore get whatever color fabric you want near the quilting squares, 18" x 21" will make two burp clothes. 

Make sure to iron the fabric to loose the creases. Fold the fabric in half, if you iron in a crease it will help you to cut it. Once you have two pieces fold under the sides and iron a 1/4" border around the entire piece of fabric.

Once all of the sides were folded and ironed I ironed the fabric, borders facing down, on top of the cloth diaper and it helped the fabric to stay in place. Sew the fabric down to the cloth diaper a 1/4" on all sides. I had the stitch continue down the entire length of the fabric and had it criss cross at the corners.
*When I sew on the machine I make sure to stitch at least once at the beginning and at the end in reverse and forward again to seal the stitch in place and keep it from unraveling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment